Phot op question

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:02 am

The shelter I got my foster piggy from wants Valentine themed photos. I am trying to figure out some cute and EASY ways to do that. I have a little wooden heart that I will hang up in his cage and try to get a pic in front of that. I also have a Valentine bandana for my dog that I can hang as a background and try to get him in front of it. He is very skittish still though. I hung the bandana in the pen already just to get him used to it. If I was talented and at all tech savvy, I could do something like photoshopping on the pic, but I don't want to buy something like that to use.

Any ideas?

TIA

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:02 pm

Guinea pigs in Easter baskets with lots of hearts?

Good lighting and composition are key to getting great photos. Sef used to use a great big curved white sheet cardboard to give a neutral background to some of her photos, if I remember right. There are a few other fab guinea pig photographers who I hope will post some of their pictures here!

I also think of a pink background, Valentine patterned cosies, hearts, strawberries, etc.

Check out this post:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... A#p1995416

MildredM used to use lots of props. This was cute:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... A#p2145012

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:52 pm

OMG!! Those are adorable. How come their guinea pigs pose like that????? I like the idea of the white sheet of cardboard for a background. I am not the greatest photographer. I am using my phone to take the pics. I will start trying to work with Dwayne to see if I can get him to sit near some things. I just hate to spend money on props. But maybe the dollar store has something that would work and be really cheap.
Thanks!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:42 pm

I (unfortunately) save almost EVERYTHING and only recently threw out a cute Valentine's day chocolate box. There may be something you already have that would work well.

The beauty of digital photography is you can take pictures, lots of pictures, tons of pictures, and throw out all the ones you don't like!

Think of a pretty serving dish for a pile of strawberries (your guinea pigs will thank you!!).

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:04 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLQzFGPM3d ... c2ZTc4Nzk=

Piggy kissing booth. I posted this a couple of years ago with Lacey. It was just a cardboard frame decorated with colored paper. I glued it to a box, put a blanket in the box, and I bribed her with fresh veggies.

You could also just make the cardboard frame and tape it to a hidey.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:18 pm

It is so cute! A wonderful idea for RubySimon! I notice I had already liked it from when you first shared it last year!

RubySimon

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:21 am

WOW! This is adorable. I am definitely going to keep that one in mind.

A good friend of my husband's is a wizard with photoshop. I sent him some plain pics and he is doing backgrounds. If they need another one at the shelter, I am so doing that photo booth. That is so creative.

Thank you! I just was not born with a creative gene. Sigh................

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:28 am

Glad you liked it. I’m sure the idea came from something I saw on YouTube. I usually need some inspiration to get creative.