Thread for Pinky

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:58 am

I’m so sorry you’re going through this, Daj. It does sound like they are more vulnerable to infection and it could be congenital. That was the case with my little Gidget, and sometimes there's just no way to get on top of these issues. You always take such good care of your guinea pigs, and you have my condolences on Pinky.

daj

Post   » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:17 am

Thank you both very much. The first time Pinky saw a vet was for crusty eyes. The next time was cloudy spots on his eyes. Then, the 3rd time, with a third vet it was for the eyes, and he put him on tacrolimus drops. It cleared his eyes for good, but he still got episodes of crusting, cage chewing and changed appetite. The last visit the vet assumed it was overgrown teeth. He trimmed them, and Pinky seemed to bounce back. At first I thought this would be the same. I don't think he was ever imaged, but in looking back it seems to me there was a common thread all along. I tried to get a car rental to make the drive to an emergency hospital, but it's the weekend, so the office is closed. In retrospect I'm glad it didn't happen. It would have meant a long car ride, a long wait to be seen and a lot of handling in cold rooms, when he was in pain. RIP Pinkybug.