I am afraid I have a pregnant sow!

samtesla

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:51 pm

Inquiring minds want to know. Do post partum piggie moms lose their pregnancy weight fairly quickly / easily compared to their human counterparts? (i.e. does it work like humans, where one adds, say, 25 lb, loses 10-15 at delivery and takes a few months to return to PP weight?)

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:55 pm

My sows snapped back into shape almost immediately. Mittens has noticeable saddlebags on her sides now because of two pregnancies with fairly large babies, but I think those will be permanent.

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:58 pm

When I had Skipper's mom here for her delivery she lost all her weight and kept losing weight for a while. I was very concerned. That was the first time I posted here on GL

Ugh! I hate it when I make a typo.

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:03 pm

Oh Wow! Kleenmama - Maybe I do have longer to wait. how wonderful all survived, and that weight - wow!

I hope we have the same outcome here.

How many did Salem end up having?

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:58 pm

Patty never did regain her girlish figure! Her new owner posts on here from time to time. I think she had had many pregnancies.

All the other moms I have had went right back to their trim selves. That's when you realize how young the moms are. They still look like pups themselves.

Patty's pups were: 55, 80, 130, 130, and 95 grams. Bea was small and the two 103's were big!

Betty had five too. Her pups were: 80, 90, 95, 95, and 105 grams. That was a good even litter.

KM.. I can't get your pictures to come up. I want to see your babies!

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:02 pm

They work now! Those 6 little rainbow piggers are too, too cute! Mom was WIDE!!! Do you have weights on the pups?

It is amazing that even being that big Patty could still RUN away from me. She looked like a hover craft.

GP Slave
The check's in the mail....

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:10 pm

These gals are going to have to give birth soon, I don't about the rest of you, but I'm a nervous wreck, and they're not even my pigs!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:28 pm

Galaxie had 3, two 4 ouncers and one 5 ouncer(pic 2 days prior to birth)-

Raven had 2, both were 5 ouncers(picture 10 days prior)-

Little Pig had 3, all were about 2 1/2 ounces(2 days prior)-

Cinnamon had 2, both were about 4 ounces(1 day prior)-

Beauty had Seven, she was a pig that a friend of mine has so I don't have weights on them. Only 4 survived =(

After-

PiggleWiggle

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:46 pm

What an amazing story! I am on the edge of my seat to find out about the babies!

Very good luck to you.

Nicole

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:48 pm

Oh, poor Beauty! 7 babies, man!
Kara, each baby of Wildflower's was 3 ounces except for Sweetpea. She was only 1.5 ounces (sorry, back then I didn't have a scale that would weight in grams!) I handfed her so that she could get a jump on her siblings, and we took to calling her Fang because she would chomp on any finger that came near her.
Dribble adopted Daphne and I kept Buttercup.

With Salem, she had 4 large babies. Here they are! All were right at 5 ounces. For a newborn, that is huge!

http://www.geocities.com/kleenmama2000/ ... abies.html

Jeannette, she will have them within minutes as soon as you are preoccupied. As you can see with Salem, I checked her at 12:15 and nothing, by 5:45 the following morning, the deed was done, they were dry, and all the cage was clean. They are stubborn snots, I tell ya.
I missed Seemee by about 4 minutes. Out of all of the births I've had here, I've actually seen 5 total, out of maybe 100.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:00 pm

Only 5 out of 100? Wow!

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:26 pm

I am loving seeing all these pics!