Rodney's surgical site

mab0615

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Rodney had a large mass removed from his left hind leg yesterday. The Dr thinks it was a benign neoplasm but we're sending it out to find out for sure. He gave him 10 stitiches that need to be removed since it was so large.

lisam

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:05 pm

Wow, that's quite an incision. I hope he doesn't try to take them out!

mab0615

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:17 pm

According to the vet, " I doubt he'll be able to get at them since he's so large. You do know he's over 1600 grams?!!"

Of course I know...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:06 pm

Wow, that's one big pig! I added your pic to the forum. Let me know if that's okay.

mab0615

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:31 pm

That's fine Lynx. Here's the picture before surgery.

dribble

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:11 pm

Wow, that's a big lump. How long did it take to appear and grow?

How old is Rodney?

mab0615

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:25 pm

It seemed to appear overnight. I never noticed it til Sunday. Not sure how I missed it since I'm always giving him rubs.

I adopted him a year ago. They said he was 1.5 yrs old. I really think he's older than that.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:48 pm

If it appeared so quickly, I would have guessed an abscess rather than a mass. Hope it heals up fine.

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:51 pm

Same masses grow really, really fast. Unfortunately, when that happens, it's almost always bad news. Not always, though. Hopefully, you caught it early and the margins will be clear.

My dog had a Trichoblastoma grow to the size of a nickel and about an inch high over the course of just a few days. It scared the crap out of me. Thankfully, the margins weer clear and the prognosis is excellent.

mab0615

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:55 am

Here's a picture of Rodney one week post-op. He hasn't bothered the incision site at all. We have an appt. Sun to remove the stitches.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am

Added more pics. I'm interested in the update.

whittibo

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:48 am

LOVE the piggy mouth! What an adorable shot that is! He's a cutie-pie.

Hope he continues to do well. When will you get the results back from the lump?