KM's Hayloft

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 am

I switched to Small Pet Select several years ago when KMS was having problems with quality, and have been very happy with the hay. I use second cut timothy.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Because others were having problems with KMS, I ordered my last batch of hay from Small Pet Select instead. I ordered the 3rd cut and it is very brown. My girls don’t seem to mind but I’m disappointed in how it looks. If you do try an order from Small Pet Select, the 2nd cut might be more green.

ETA - I didn't see bpatters post when I posted, but I guess it confirms my suspicion that the 2nd cut might be okay.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

I've been getting my 3rd cut from Small Pet Select, also. I'm pretty happy with it - not much brown at all.

The last time I ordered 3rd cut from KMS, I got something much closer to 2nd cut - full of stems and brown leaves.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 pm

The 3rd cut I got from KMS about 3 weeks ago was just lovely.

SSLee

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm

I have been buying 2nd cut timothy and orchard from SPS. Previously, I bought from Sierra Valley Hay (SVH), which is closing their online hay business as of October 10. Since SVH's website states that this year's orchard hay crop is good, I ordered 20 pounds, which was received yesterday. This current crop is comparable or better than my last batch from SPS.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 pm

My most recent box of bluegrass has been fine - arrived on time, very nice hay. A friend gave me some Oxbow after her pig died and my pigs prefer the KM hay.

Baba

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Sent them an email to order pellets for Canada, no answer. This is not the way to conduct business or ignore questions from
your customers. I always dropped Linda a line and got my pellets or hay as quickly as possible. Obviously the new owners don't
care.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Is there anything on the site indicating they can ship internationally? If they are unable to ship internationally, it would be helpful to say so on their site. Linda did indeed work very hard to take care of her customers. It is a skill and a gift.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:25 pm

Baba, was it a valid email? Maybe no one saw it. Perhaps they are set up only for ordering through the website now. Linda was incredibly responsive and flexible but it it was her baby.

I'm just about to order some pellets, domestically. I will update here if there's anything to note. The last batch arrived OK.

Baba

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Yes indeed, they should say if they don't want to deliver to Canada anymore. I was more than 14 years a customer
and been with Linda through quite some hay adventures. I got my pellets always in a flat rate box and this worked
quite fine, given the fact shipping was going to be quite expensive. That's why I quit ordering hay, but for pellets
I would still go that way.

mmeadow - I contacted them through their website, but they don't seem to care too much about. Maybe they are
well over their head in it and may have underestimated the work involved. Linda was and is an exceptional person
and can't be compared with the new owners obviously.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 pm

From my experience and others I've read here, they don't seem to be set up to respond to questions in timely manner or at all.

I hesitated ordering from them at first but, based on feedback here, I decided to go ahead and order their 3rd cut which arrived earlier this month.
It is indeed, as Bookfan said, lovely and one of the nicest 3rd cuts I've seen.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 pm

I may end up trying KMS at some point as the wife had been getting some called JoJos best from Amazon. The first two boxes we had were OK but the last two were very dusty (or shaky as my daughter put it) an done was a very odd color (a very dark grey) with stuff in it that didn't look like Hay so we stopped using that box and got a fresh one but that was still pretty dusty compared to the first two.