Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:17 am

Thanks for the update. What your vet says makes a lot of sense. I am sure it does to you too. Hoping things do not worsen and that somehow the stone is not too large and can be passed.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:34 am

Ditto! Thank you for the update. Fingers crossed that he is able to pass that stone!

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Hello!

Happy new year to you all...!!

We need some help...we are into little pigs big troubles situation again..aged 7years3months...

As usual problems starts..quite out of nowhere Irie developed very soft poops like no correct formation at all...
Firstly it didnt look that alarming..but than it got worse..and bit better and than worse...
He ate a lot of salad lately and i would say too much of pepper.. (peppers werefrom our long term vegetable dealer). Salad was mostly ours from the garden.

Yesterday poops got really like diarrhea-not that much liquid but soft material unfromated. Looked very bad. We stopped vegetables and start probiotic on some carrot yesterday-with no results.
Today at morning i said this has to stop so we did our best..we took probiotic gel quite high dossage in the water with a bit of pellets also crushed.. Poops got formation..i tought we are okay..or at least on the road to okay
Through the day it got worse again..in the evening..again soft material unformated..i noticed he didnt eat no pellets(his front tooth is overgrown again, too, so that might be the reason). HE even pooped all this poops together like little ball i mean;(. Coloured normal.
We took a lot of probiotic again at evening..i hope it will help at least a little bit...

We re frustrated. IRie lost bit of weight defenetly due to not eating vegetables i would say..he is happily eating hay...

Do you have any advice what that could be?
Can it be baccteria, parasites or just irratated stomach? I even tought he has covid, but none of my family had it lately-so this is highly unlikely.

I am thinking of calling the vet if things dont get okay, but again at vets there is ful bacteria corona and other stuff, too..We tought for front tooth triming 10. 1 or 17.1 cause this vet only work at tuesdays...This exotic vets that we count on to help us with soft no formation poops work everyday moneday-friday.

IRie is quite happy but i can see it irratetes him and i would like to help him, better..

I even tought of getting him bit of parsley or fresh grassaand make it completely dry with hairdryer cause parsley usually did help with poop formation...he has a stone(i think still, i am not 100%sure) so this is last kind of thing to do with parsley..but we need to get poop thing under control..cause its out of it, now.

All adivices appriciated..

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:07 pm

Keep him off all fresh vegetables and fresh grass until a couple of days after his poop is firm again. No carrots with the probiotics. Just hay and pellets and probiotic until things are normal.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:30 am

Thanks!! We ve been really strugglin with this last couple of days...
But today is actually a lot better! Formation isback just bit too soft..we took a lot of bene bac yesterday without vegetables as you suggested.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:13 am

Irie s got really bad urine results yesterday....he is turning 7,5 next month... i am beyond grateful for all the years we spend together...In our family he is King Boss Almighty.:)

Vet found two types of bacteria..cocci..and the one like sticks(more problematic type she said). We will try MArbocyl and shilitong in hope it will work... .. I brought urine on clinic alone. IF it wont be better we will ask for help someone for exotic pets-i hope we wont need.

we are going on tooth repairing on 21.3 and in April on ultrasound if all goes as it should..we havent been to vets in half of the year..and we re defenetly not looking forward to go to vet, but running off home...:). Please keep fingers crossed for us.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:29 am

From down under me and the piggies hope all goes well for Irie. Is he still eating? Just curious seeing as he is a boar have you checked for impaction? Or has he lost the family jewels? Thinking of you both! Hoping all goes well!

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:25 am

Thank you!!

He has bit of problems yeah..i try to clean him as best as i can(i am not too great at it, but only when its needed, which is rarely).

He hasnt lost anybody..Ringo(border collie) broke on through to the other side in 2020 and Gallimore-Galli(pig) in 2018 -he knew them both..Now we have him and Ziggy the cat(she s gonna be 9.)

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:27 am

HE is eating by himself

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:39 am

Eating is so important! Sending good wishes your way.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:22 pm

Thank you!!

I struggled to get MArbocyl, but than the best vet asistant that i know quite well on dog clinic we use to went to just gave to us-more than enough of it..luckily...

We need to order bene bac ... which one is right?
.the first one i am afraid is fake, cause it doesnt have USA flag on it and its written that is not repacked-why would you even write that, bit suspicious:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/385211717271?e ... BM6MW4yNlh

this one have USA flag, tough..but we always bought the one with little tubes...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195520827294?e ... R-jFuMjZYQ

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Sorry I can't help you I use Pron8tre. Hope you get the right one!