Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:43 am

Oh he is. When I put him back in his cage after cleaning his eye, I put him in head first. He spins around and rushes up to the front for his carrot. He grabs it like "yeah you better give me something good after doing that to me". He's definitely got attitude, but he's a love bug too. He's by far the best guinea pig ever.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:20 pm

Mr Bubbles has turned 6 years old now. He seems to be doing well. His eye has mostly cleared up. He's got some slight drainage from his nostril on that same side. Nothing major but we're monitoring him closely for that, arthritis, weight loss (no signs of either yet) and everything else that comes with his age. Thought you would want to know.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:02 pm

Sounds pretty good for a 6 year old. A lot of pigs don't make it that far. To be 6 and healthy is great!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Happy Birthday to Mr. Bubbles! So good to hear his eye is mostly cleared up. I know you both have been battling this for a while.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 am

Happy 6th birthday Mr Bubbles from me and piglets down under. May your treats be plenty!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:34 am

Happy Birthday to Mr. Bubbles! Sounds like he's doing well and getting great care in his senior years!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:45 pm

Mr Bubbles passed away peacefully of respiratory failure in my arms today at 1130 AM. He was 6 years and one month old. I thought you should know.

He wasn't just a guinea pig. He was my wingman and best friend.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:02 pm

I am so sorry. I could tell he was very important to you. It's always hard to lose a pig, but I feel pretty good if I can get a pig to 6 years.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:48 pm

I'm so sorry.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:54 pm

I am sorry for your lost. RIP Mr Bubbles run free in perfect health with your buddies and munch on the green grass. He will never be gone! Look in your heart and he will always be there! He knew how much you loved him and to leave in your arms was a perfect way comforted and happy for his final journey! Sending big hugs!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:17 pm

I am so sorry you lost Mr. Bubbles. It sounded like he was such a special guinea pig. I know he will be missed. You have all our sympathy.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:37 pm

I'm crushed right now. I'm barely functional. This one hurts more than any other guinea pig I've lost. At one point, I wished I could go to the rainbow bridge with him, but my better sense kicked in and I realized how ridiculous that was and that I'm needed here for my family and my remaining pets. I'll post his tribute later. I still have a lot of processing to do before I can do one that does his life the justice he deserves.