Jay and Jersey's thread

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:12 am

I hope you get things back to normal. Glad to hear they didn’t find any stones or blockages.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:17 pm

Thank-you ItsaZoo. With Radicchio is it safe to give the white parts of the leaves? I know silly question but last time I gave it to my piggies lost Jaffa a few weeks later. Maybe coincidence but I am now wary and to me the leaves are 85% white. Thanks.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:59 am

Is there some where one can buy Bactrim on line? My vet has closed surgery and moved back to England and new vet will not re-open to October. Other vets will not give out medication with-out seeing your pet. Vet has not given me a window to get another vet and transfer record. Seems his mother took ill and it was all done in a rush.

On another note, when I am milking Jay's bladder the wee looks pink, some times white and some times normal. I have bought some urine dip sticks but coming from China who knows when they will get here? Any advice much appreciated! For now have enough Meloxicam paws crossed.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Bactrim is prescription only here in the US, and they don’t give refills unless you have an established relationship with a vet who understands that you are a knowledgeable pet owner. You may have to select a local vet who can at least do a wellness exam and then talk to them about the situation.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:25 am

Image JERSEY 18th October 2019 to 18th August 2021

My Darling Girl, How I loved you and I miss you even more! So hard you have been gone longer than you were here in this world. You were quiet and gentle but when Jay picked on you you gave as much as you got.

I have your photo here in the lounge where I can see it and think of you fondly. You were too precious for this world. I count myself lucky you came into my life. I am just sad you left it so quickly.

I know you are forever in my heart but how my arms ache to hold you one more time. To kiss your little head and to feel your soft fur. You have given me many wonderful memories to treasure. My eyes still water at times but mostly I have a smile when I think of you. RIP Sweetpea. Till we're together again! Be good mind, Cheekychops.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:59 am

Photos are so good for remembering our pets. I'm glad you have many of them for your memories of guinea pigs no longer here. Jersey was adorable.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:12 am

Thanks Lynx. OK, have noticed for last 2-4 weeks when Jay does a pee it smells like she is doing the other. A real foul odour. She isn't squeaking or straining in fact like her mum (me) I think she has incontinence as her pee just dribbles out. She had pee dip sticked back in August/September and all was clear.

Sometimes her poops are soft or queer shaped. And her pee is pure white like milk. Only change in diet is less silverbeet and more radicchio. Would this be the cause? Before change pee was off white. Calcium in silverbeet or chard as USA people call it 26.8mg this is swiss chard what ever that is. Then radicchio 8.26mg. Got this off GL. Any ideas? I think these piggies are here to give me grey hair, wrinkles and headaches.

Think she may have IBD-irritable bowel disease as when she pees poop come out at the same time. When this happened with Jill the vet said that is what she had. I get this too so have a fair idea again what she is going through. A lot of pain comes with it too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:41 pm

Sounds like a UTI. Bactrim will likely change this. Unsure if vegs are causing odor.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:16 pm

Thanks Lynx. I am going to start her on some Bactrim the last I have. Won't be able to get anymore. Going to see if this helps her. Thanks for the advice. Keep you posted.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:24 pm

If you find the odor goes away, it is likely bacterial.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:04 pm

Thanks Lynx. A week on Bactrim and no change. So for now just watching her. Sticky stuff Bactrim (cherry flavour).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:05 am

As I stated Jay's pee is pure white, well now on towel it is a white paste. Doesn't feel gritty just sticky. Diet-radicchio, lettuce, cherry tomato, cucumber, carrot, Oxbow pellets and Timothy hay, Meadow and Oaten hay, plus Critical Care. She lays around a lot but otherwise happy in herself, eating. Can't feel anything. Pee test normal. Ideas? No blood, no squeaking. Couldn't find sludge picture on GL.