Jay and Jersey's thread

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:32 am

Now we got Jay as a friend for Joy when Joy lost her sister Jan in 2018. Got Jersey as a friend for Jill who lost her sister Jupiter in Feb 2017 then Jaffa in Dec 2019.

But things did not work out. Joy being 7 and blind and Jill 5 and a grouch we decided to put Joy and Jill together with a barrier between them. And put Jay and Jersey together. Jay 1 year January 2020 and Jersey nearly 3 months old.

Before this Jay and Joy were together with barrier, by moving Jay and putting Jill there could this have upset Joy? Anyways weighed Jay and Jersey BEFORE put together.

Jay been chasing Jersery all over the place but introductions went well! Now have weighed them both again after 4 days together. Jersey was 221grams now 268grams. Jay was 891grams and is now 869grams. Should I be worried about Jay's weight lost? She is eating, peeing, pooping normally. She is running more than normal trying to terrorising Jersey.

Any advice much appreciated as before we have always had sisters never strangers, except for when we had Jessie and got Jemma and Jasmine. Jessie just loved them at first sight! She was an amazing pig that one!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:01 am

With Jay running around, chasing after Jersey, she is likely burning off more calories.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:15 am

You could also give her some alone time with some tasty food.

p.s. one of my brothers' names is Jay. So I keep thinking Jay is a boy when I read her name!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 5:25 am

Jay got a hay poke and was on ointment for a week now all healed up! Jay is a nervous wreck with Jill and Jersey chasing her but she is managing the best she can. At food times we put a divider up so Jill is separate and Jay and Jersey have their own bowls.

But both Jay and Jersey not really interested with food-badly fed as babies. They mainly eat pellets and hay. Thanks for the replies Sef and Lynx!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 7:56 am

It looks like Jay and Jersey have been healthy for a long time! I see our replies were from last December.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 12:20 pm

Jay was born 17th January 2019 and Jersey born October 18th 2019. Hence 15 months old and 6 months old. Both healthy till hay poke in Jay's eye. Never seen two popcorning piggies my in my years of having piggies! Thanks Lynx.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:05 am

I have two questions, Jay 18 month old female got her from a so called rescue from Adelaide South she will eat nothing but pellets cause the lady we got her from fed her nothing but sweet things.

Then Jersey 8 months old will not eat anything but the meadow hay. Got her from a so called rescue from Adelaide North who fed her pigs on banana peels and apple peels and cores. Some how they have gained weight till 900grams and we have halted. Any suggestions? Worried about lack of Vitamin C for starters and maybe Rickets?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:01 am

You can give vitamin C separately in a dropper so you make sure she gets it.

Have you tried the trick of finely dicing green vegs and mixing with a small amount of hay for Jersey? I would remove all hay and make a pile of only the leaves to do this. Maybe even dicing up the hay so the flavors are mixed. For Jay, dice very small and sprinkle on top of a small amount of pellets.

You want to force them to have to eat it because it is in the way of what they want to eat.

Review guidelines for determining a good weight so you have some perspective (read the vet's contribution on this page, about in the middle):
https://www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:43 am

Thanks Lynx, will have a read tomorrow am off to bed now!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:04 am

Okay, firstly I am a little piggy and have NO idea how to upload pictures so here is a link to 3 pictures of little ol' me on my birthday!

Now where does Mum and Dad get off with the silly hats? They are degrading and they mess up my fur! Can you see me scowling in the photo's?

So guess who is a big girl now? I turn one but Mum says I may be one but my head is still full of saw dust. What does she mean? Have I been insulted? Please note my glasses and my toad legs(rear). I is going to see my pigyer(lawyer) about these silly hats. When Mum and Dad have a birthday they don't wear a hat! I am off to sulk now. Hope you enjoy pictures of beautiful me!

I is smart I uploaded pictures! Now I'll have to teach Mum how to do it now. So not fair. No wonder my fur is grey! A piggy's work is never done. Busy, Busy, Busy! I need a nap. Nite nite! They aren't going to eat me on that big plate is they? I wouldn't even be an entree!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 am

Happy Birthday to Jersey! The hat looks quite stylish on you!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:03 pm

Yes, Happy Birthday to Jersey!