Jay and Jersey's thread

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:20 pm

Jay is unusually quiet, being Spring here I gave everyone some cat grass which they loved BUT maybe it gave her a tummy ache so have given her some Pron8utre and will see how she is in morning. Her soft palette is back and is very noisy.

Can't go to emergency vet as I don't drive and vets at local clinic out of 10 vets only 3 pretend they know about piggies and 1 of those is away till October 31st.

I also ordered 2 bales of meadow hay but I swear these bales are Oaten as the strands are think and not thin and straggly. They are always messing up the order. But they are the only ones who home deliver. What can one do? Keep you posted.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:26 am

OK, Jay still quiet. Only when she feels like it will nibble on a little cucumber other wise just hay and pellets. Seems I was in a hurry when I ordered hay and it was MY fault I got Oaten instead of Meadow hay. They will do a swap over of the unused bale Friday when in my area. Then will give them a bit of both till Oaten finished. Keep you posted.

Jay going to vet next week to see if she needs another hormone injection. She certainly has them when the boys squeak she goes nuts and squeaks back and starts dashing in her pen. Hoping she will get use to them soon!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:04 am

Hope they like the new hay!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:55 pm

Sounds like the people who supply your hay are nice to deal with. That's good, even if they make mistakes.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:22 am

Thanks Lynx and Bookfan. Took Jay to the vet as off her food a common practice with her. Vet as usual could find nothing wrong with her so settled on Jay got hormone injection and she squeaked so hard she peed the vet and then looked all innocent! As if too say wasn't me! Keep you posted.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:38 pm

Ha ha ha!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:57 am

Under the circumstances it was Jay’s only defense!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:49 am

Just had some men round to fix front doors and they sprayed WD-40. Is this fatal to guinea pigs? They sprayed it before I could stop them. I am worried sick! Please anyone? The lounge where piggies are is in same room as front door.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 am

It is an especially safe product. I wrote you with a couple links to their website.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:44 pm

I wouldn't want to expose them to the fumes, though, as I've read it can cause upper respiratory irritation in higher concentrations. It's probably too late for this now, as you posted this many hours ago, but in the future I would suggest opening windows and trying to disperse the fumes as much as possible if anyone is using that or other strong chemicals near your guinea pigs. (You can always Google questions like this, too, if it's 'after hours' here and you need a fairly urgent answer...I found quite a bit of information on WD-40 myself that way.)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:45 pm

The fumes were pretty bad for me not sure on the piggies. By closing doors the fumes were not so bad-well the smell anyways. I know I ended with bad headache and felt sick by it.

So far piggies are unaffected and hope it stays that way(touching wood!). Thanks Lynx Sef. I had NO idea what they were up to as was syringe feeding Jay when I smelt the horrible smell. What ever happened to using small tin of oil or Vaseline? Why WD-40? It stinks. Will watch all piggies and hope they stay healthy.

Jay is eating more on her own but still need to syringe feed as she loses too much weight. It always takes 2 injections of hormone injection before I see results!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:57 am

Can anyone answer why is Jay chewing on my hair all the time? Even if I put it in a pony tail she'll find a way to chew on it! I don't want lob sided hair or her and hair balls. Is she trying to dominate me?