Jay and Jersey's thread

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:37 pm

Took Jay to the vet and was told Jay had dermatology on front paw. Was told to put Amacin eye and ear ointment on it. Was scared she'd digest it so only using salt and water. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 am

I am unsure of what "...dermatology on front paw" means. Do you mean dermatitis? I think that would be an irritation of the skin. Can you describe the problem?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:53 am

Yes, Dermatitis. All she has is no fur on foot where toes are and she bites her foot like one would after a mozzie bite. The more you scratch the better it is. Thanks for reply Lynx. Sorry for confusion my brain went blank thinking of the name.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:03 am

I wish Jay good luck, too!!
When Ringo had gentamicyn cream we watch him for some time after every application, its easier with dogs,..you can try apply it and than put her on the floor or give her a lot of vegetables so that she wont be focused on licking it away and of course watch her..or maybe you can try it during she sleeps but thats for lazy animals, only..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 am

It is also possible to bandage the foot if needed.
https://www.guinealynx.info/bandaging.html

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:26 am

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:22 am

What a cutie! Jay looks very petite.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:28 am

Jay looks very petite.

She is! When ever she walks she holds her butt above ground and it's like she walks on tippy paws.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:22 am

Has anyone ever given their guinea pig a scratch on the back? To have the piggy turn his/her head go goofy and stick out their tongue rapidly? Jay does this and have had other pigs do it too. Is it the same as scratching a dog and leg moves? Just curious that's all.

Jay may be petite but she can also be aggressive and attack other pigs for no reason at all. I believe she helped killed Jersey by putting her under so much stress bossing her around. Now if she smells a piggy she go nuts. She is very much like Justice! Justice is very violent and NOT trust her with another piggy! And they say boys fight!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 am

I think of possibly pain or hormonal imbalance being the cause of aggression (and, of course, personality). I am sure you know the signs of ovarian cysts in case that plays a part.
https://www.guinealynx.info/ovarian_cysts.html

I believe some people have described sensitivity when scratching on a guinea pig's back.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:57 pm

The only one of my guinea pigs to do that was BJ. He had mites though.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:29 pm

Daisymay, what a cool gang of pigs you have!!!
You should be very proud.. And JAy has the coolest hair-same breed as my first guinea pig, Kluivertka..:)!