Jewel and Jinx's medical thread

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 am

Yes she was. I trust it as Jessie was on it a lot. Jessie's was tablet form but in Australia can't get that anymore so use liquid form. Smells sweet and strawberry. Jinx loved it but no-one else. Jewel tolerates it or she did last time around June-August 2022. Thanks Lynx.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:27 pm

Also took Jewel to vet, after 3 doses of Bactrim her breathing returned to normal but kept up the weeks worth. Vet happy with her and said all clear. Weight also went up to 1080grams. Hoping this will be last URI for a while she has had 3 in 8 months.

Guys is this good for cleaning hay or would pipe get blocked and over cook the motor? https://www.kmart.com.au/product/2000w- ... -42751991/?

Boys-Jock, Jack, Justine, Girls, Jewel, Jay, Justice, Joan and Jet wish all your cavies and fur/feathered children a great Christmas full of treats and cuddles and a glorious 2023. Hoping Santa Cavy brings lots of good things to you all!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:47 am

I can't comment on the vac. It likely depends on the diameter of the hose and anything that would get in the way of vacuuming the hay up.

But happy holidays to you!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:01 am

Santa now 3 minutes from Nevada. Strange zig zag route he has taken! https://santatracker.google.com/?utm_so ... ign=Global Sadly Jewels URI returned last night. Had to get a taxi today and get some more Bactrim, poor little mite! Piggies got spoilt! Hey have no family and friends so why not? Just wish it wasn't so hot. Hotter tomorrow and then Tuesday! I HATE Summer!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:57 pm

How often can one give Pron8ure to a piggy? After Bactrim she has developed mushy poops. She has been on a Probiotic now for 1-2 years every day. Would her system now be immunnied(sp) to it's affect? Thanks in advance.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 pm

I don't think it works that way. If it is a probiotic, as long as the culture is live, it should work (as well as it would work).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:39 pm

How many times a day can piggies have it? Thanks Lynx.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:47 pm

If you read the article about probiotics, it basically says it may or may not help but should not cause problems. For what it's worth, I eat yogurt all the time. Live cultures. I can't answer your question with authority but we've recommended giving probiotics after administering antibiotics. I would think twice a day should not be problematic.

You may want to do some deep research yourself. You might be able to find some useful info.

With mushy poops, I imagine you are altering diet too?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:54 am

With mushy poops, I imagine you are altering diet too?
Just making one change at the moment then I will know what is the problem if doing one at a time. Thanks Lynx.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:36 am

Jewel-her poops have been small, very black and sticky, should I be worried? She is on Pron8ure which she gets every day-once. Her poops go normal size after 3-6 small ones.

Hello slaves February 28th 2023 was mine and sister Jinx(RIP) was our 6th birthday BUT that is also the same day and year my slave lost Jasmine. So we celebrate on February 29th or March 1st.

Can you guess what I got for my birthday? I am so ticked off I peed on my slave so much she had to change her top. I will pop in tomorrow and let you know!

Image I hate these hats! Can tell Paw Patrol is loved by my slave especially Rocky, Rubble and Zuma.

I did get a nice tunnel with hole in middle so I can escape when needed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:17 am

Happy Birthday, Jewel!

If her weight is stable and she is not in pain, I would not worry about variations in poops.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:22 pm

Happy Birthday, little girl. Tunnels are always nice & useful.