Gidget Medical Thread

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:08 pm

Yes, indeed! I hope she continues with her better days!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:10 pm

She’s doing well today. More animated and interested in what’s going on. And she’s eating really well.

Of course, her pellets of choice are the Garden Select, which are running low. I bought Organic and that’s not her favorite. I still have young pig pellets so once a week she gets a pinch of those. I’m just glad she’s having another good day. Hopefully we’re on the right track with treatment.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:07 pm

Good news.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:25 pm

Oh, very good! And LOL on the pellets...wouldn't you know it?

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:42 am

I swear as soon as I place my Chewy order, her taste changes! At dinnertime she was up on one of her hammocks, looking into the kitchen for food. So happy to see that!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:19 am

Yay! Pets can be so fickle. I care for a neighbor's cats when they're away and it seems they are always adjusting food according to cat and according to taste and medical changes. Eating right is a big part of being healthy!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:36 pm

I haven’t updated on Gidget in a while. It’s been 3 weeks since her vet visit. She’s been doing well and has a good appetite. Tonight was the first time in quite a while that she had zoomies. She’s a little clumsy, especially when she makes a sharp turn, but she was moving pretty quick and was up on her hidey a few times. So I think she’s feeling good.

She is still getting Orbax and I plan to give that until it’s gone. I reduced the Meloxicam just a little to 0.25 ml once a day and I haven’t noticed any changes. I also give her Meclizine in the morning with vitamin C mixed in a little CC. She takes everything easily and then has some lettuce afterwards.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 am

Oh, that's really good news! Well done, both of you. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:07 am

Good news indeed! So glad she is happy and zipping around!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:40 am

Good to hear she's doing better.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 am

Gidget has been doing so well with the head-tilt and ear issue. However, the last few days something is kind of off. She seems a little more clumsy and a little lethargic. I gave her Metacam and meclizine the last 3 days. Input and output are good, but there’s something going on.

I called for a vet appointment and found out the vet will be out the rest of the month. The next available appointment is April 3. There are only 2 vets at the clinic and both have been excellent, but I think one has left. They agreed to refill the Metacam Rx, and when I looked around the lobby i only saw business cards for the owner. They’ve also cut their weekend hours and they no longer board animals overnight. So disappointing.

So I searched online and got an appointment with a new clinic on Monday. They have one vet who treats guinea pigs and he happens to be a vet who treated one of our dogs ages ago. He was at a different clinic that closed. So I guess I’ll find out if he knows anything about guinea pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:07 am

As a very knowledgeable guinea pig owner, I expect you will know what to look for!

Sorry to hear something is off. Truly discouraging to not be able to see a vet promptly at your original clinic but glad you found a vet you are familiar with. Are you going to suggest an xray to perhaps turn up any sort of ear infection?