Jet and Joan

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 pm

They are really cute! I don't have a way to resize this, but here is the photo:

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm

This is Jet. My little bumble bee. https://imgur.com/uMioNxz Thanks Lynx and Sef.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:20 pm

Jet is so cute! I can see why you decided after all to keep them. Sometimes things happen. It can be hard to find good homes for unexpected pups and harder still after you get to know them. I hope they bring you much joy.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:57 am

They are adorable!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:28 pm

So cute! Babies always seem to have that "What's going on.? Where am I?" look.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:31 pm

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:13 pm

Thanks Sef for loading picture for me. Shame you can't see her eyes. Thanks Sef,Bookfan, ItsaZoo, Lynx for replies and lovely comments about little Jet.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:32 am

OK I dragged myself out of bed at 7.00am to syringe feed Jewel and Jay and feed everyone. Went shopping. Came back. Joan was due to be cleaned out so opened door to give cuddle before I started. She was on her side all limp.

I gave mouth to mouth/nose and rubbed vigorously on her side. What seemed like ages she came round but she was all floppy. So off to vet we went.

She checked pee-normal a little protein, heart, lungs all good,, abdomen no pain, pricked ear no diabetes, checked temp 39.6C eyes slow to respond and dilated.
Vet is saying some how she got concussed, her cage is wooden maybe when I can home in her haste to hide she hit the cage?
I am NOT sure how long I am suppose to keep an eye on her. It is nearly 2.00am and have been up 19 hours with my depression medication I am a walking zombie!

She got needle of Meloxicam and fluid under the skin. I have her sitting next to me whilst I am feeding Jay. She ate a little not much so am giving her 3 syringes of C&C watered down.
What else can I do and when can I get to bed?

Have at least another hour with Jay. Then feed everyone. She got 0.05mls of Meloxicam Dog strength-1-2 drops I was told by vet. She looked it up and worked it out. Joan 840grams.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:26 pm

I don't have any medical advice, but oh dear! I hope she'll be ok.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:50 pm

There has been no change. When held she is limp and struggles to keep head up. But when placed on a surface she is much better. She slept with me this morning so I could wake up during sleep to check on her.

Seems she had a good feed but can't pull a trick! She had long nasty hay seed in her nostril. Managed with her help to get it out. It is bleeding off and on. Thanks Bookfan! Keep you posted!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:54 pm

So sorry to hear this! I hope it resolves.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:57 pm

Thanks Lynx! I syringe fed her 4 times yesterday but over night she ate nothing from food bowl. She may have ate hay as I didn't count every blade I gave her.

Whilst hand feeding this morning I hand fed her some carrot which she happily ate. Maybe I snored and scared her? She is in wash basket still so I can watch her so when I go to bed she comes too.

I put her on the floor to see how she moved and whilst her hind legs slid from under her remember whole house but bathroom and toilet and laundry have lino so it is slippery.

But she had more vigour and tried and succeed a bit in running like a piggy runs. Nostrils looked blocked but could feel her breath, will get that checked too.

I hope to get her in vets tomorrow for revisit. Keep you posted.