Jet and Joan

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:20 pm

Thanks bpatters. Took Joan to vet, legs good but head is still limpish as though no control over it. I can massage legs but how to do head? Temp down to 38.8C. So now off Baytril. Still on Meloxicam till after Christmas. Due to syringe feeding weight went from 810grams to 875grams.

She has also started eating by herself, lettuce of all things normally only Jewel eats lettuce. The others won't have a bar of it. Any ideas of massage to head gladly appreciated. Also she has become very bitey. Have to steer clear of the mouth! Thanks guys. I no longer do Christmas since husband left but wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! Keep cool! Or warm if in blizzard areas.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:51 pm

We don't celebrate much either. Immediate family doesn't care - they just want to sit in front of their computers. I don't have much left in the way of extended family. And I just don't have the energy to decorate or cook much, and since nobody else cares...

Happy Holidays to you daisymay. Fingers cross Joan will improve.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:14 pm

Very quiet here! Relatives are distant. Champagne is near.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:59 pm

Same here.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:57 am

According to Santa Tracker 3 minutes from Idaho. Is there really a place in USA called Chicken? Have a good one, here 5 and a half hours left. Amazing neighbours have been quiet!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:32 am

I keep forgetting this is summer for you! Cold here. 6 degrees F yesterday morning and 15 degrees F this morning!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:49 am

I would gladly swap with you Lynx! 42C expected Tuesday, thankfully all my pigs inside in lap of luxury. Joan is 85% back to normal. When being held has slight weakness in supporting head and at times a little weak in legs but otherwise doing well and no longer hand feeding her.

I decided to do some claw cutting, Jay, Justice, Jewel, Justine all squeaked as if I was killing them. I am always scared of cutting claws due to quick and when cutting Jupiter's claws in 2017 she stressed so much that she passed 2 days later. It always haunts me that was when husband was still with me.

Anyway to do 112 claws took 30 minutes also brushed Jock's butt and Jewel who seems to be molting all year round she is short haired as well.

Was wondering if anyone wakes up tired, drained of all energy to be faced with zip a dee doo dah with pigs zooming all over the place behaving like they have bees in their bonnets? I get more tired just watching them! NOT Jewel (6 next month) or Jay(4 in 2 days). It is Justice(2 on Sept 1st), Jet(1 in April), Joan(1 in May) Jack, Jock, Justine(1 Aug 7th). I don't think they have a brain between then. They are crazy! I am off to have a cool bath. Thanks Lynx.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:16 am

You are a very efficient nail clipper! It must bring you joy to have your guinea pigs zipping around happily in the morning!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 am

Thanks Lynx! Can hardly believe it but Jet will be one early next month. After she gave birth to the trio of terrors she has slowly grown but even Joan 4 weeks older is nearly double her size.

Now I have Jet on piggy young pellets as I know they go onto those till 12 months of age. BUT because she had a rough start to life should I have her on them for longer than normal? She is slowly growing but in reality looks like a 4 month old piggy not a year old piggy. Thanks guys.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:54 am

Unless you have a medical reason not to give young guinea pig pellets to her, I think I also would consider continuing her on the richer (more protein, more calcium) pellets for longer too.

I am glad you have some young guinea pigs that are healthy and have no medical issues.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:10 am

Thanks Lynx! OK, Jet turns 1 on April 5th 2023 and Joan on May 22nd. I am struggling for gift ideas any suggestions? They have beds but prefer their tunnels and under the hay. Thanks in advance!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:16 am

Personally, I am all about food. I think guinea pigs are too! Plop them in front of a collection of their favorite foods (with no competition) and sing a song?