Jack Jock and Justine

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:28 pm

I do not think the boys have a thread if they have I am sorry for starting another. As with Jay, Jock the white piggy(see Jet and Joan's thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78357&hilit=Jet&start=20) when I cleaned them out Jack had the runs bad and smelly! Other boys OK.

Gave him Pron8ture too and cleaned him up. I have not given the boys any grass much to their displeasure they took everything out the bowls looking for it. Also gave them Lucerne hay. Can't cut out veggies as all 3 boys are together. They were 8 weeks old Sunday just gone. Will keep you posted. It is nearly 3.00am Wednesday here, am off to bed.

Jack is well in himself, eating, running around. Seems to worry me more than him. Go figure?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:00 pm

I take it you're weighing Jack daily right now? Sorry he has diarrhea!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:12 pm

Nope, no weighing he and his brothers too fast. I only have one hand as sprained my wrist. He is clean but still a bit left. Will ring vet and see if they wish to see him. Thanks Lynx.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:22 am

Gave Jack another dose of pron8ure, he has tiny bit of runny poops left but amazingly how fast it cleared up. I had a brain wave and yes it hurt. I put Jack into his bed and put bed on scales then took him out and weighed bed. So at 8 and a half weeks Jack is 440grams. Not bad for the runt of the litter. Keep you posted.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:28 am

Weighed Jock and Justine too at 8 and a half weeks Justine is 545grams and little chubbie Jock is 625grams. Boy how they have grown. Must fatten poor little Jack up. Much easier to weigh in a bed then remove skittish piggy and weigh bed then subtract. Why I didn't think of it before have no idea.

Thanks again Lynx, runny poops like water for Jack has all cleared up so must have been the grass. Not sure if I will try him again or not? Suggestions? Will give 2 more doses of Pron8ure and see how he goes.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:02 am

Much easier to weigh in a bed then remove skittish piggy and weigh bed then subtract.

My scales effectively have a "tare" function that zeros out the bed if you weigh it first. Do your scales do this? I put a plate or something (in your case it would be the bed) on the scale, turn it on and it will read zero. Take it off, put your guinea pig in the bed and then place the two of them on the scale. Scales will time out if you take too long but so long as it is still on, it will give you the added weight of your guinea pig, essentially subtracting the bed weight from the combination of bed and guinea pig (the bed is the "tare" weight).

Glad to hear the runny poops have cleared up.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:02 pm

Our runt of the litter put on weight well and now, 1 year later, is about the same size as her sibs. But keeping careful tabs on Jack's weight (which you're doing) is a good idea - he's still so young.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:23 am

Poops are normal now as he decided I looked like a toilet. He is eating, running away and popcorning so hard he falls over. Just so cute to watch! Thanks Lynx and Bookfan will do about his weight. To be honest I am more worried about their mum who at 6 months is only 525grams. Keep you posted.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:02 pm

My daughter supplemented Mama Neely with critical care from the birth until the babies stopped nursing. I can't remember her weight, but it was too low.

"popcorning so hard he falls over" - our Toby did this when he was really little. Hilarious.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:24 am

Jack the runt 525grams, middle piggy Justine 565grams and fat slob Jock 625grams. They went just to be weighed I thought the vet would record weight but nope. Without examining them they were pronounced healthy.
Jet the mum was 580grams when she gave birth she was 285grams. Every time I syringe Jay and Jewel I would give Jet 5-10 syringes of Critical Care(much watery than recipe asks for.)Until she was done nursing! Thanks Bookfan.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Oh good, so she's gained her weight back.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:37 am

Sounds like your little family is doing well. Good for you!