Pig no longer squeaks

Chrisk

Post   » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Hi, I have two female piggies (Willow and Jessie) that are 3 1/2. We had a third, named Ava, but she unfortunately passed away suddenly and unexpectedly about two weeks ago. Jessie and Ava used to squeak up a storm every day at mealtime, or whenever they heard a bag. They were like a little chorus. They truly fed off of each other and tried to out-squeak the other one. Willow is a silent piggy; she’s never squeaked except occasionally as a baby.

Ever since Ava passed Jessie no longer squeaks. She is healthy and active. She eats heartily at meal time, is drinking, runs around the cage, gets excited over floor time and treats by spinning in circles and still popcorns when the mood hits her. But she no longer squeaks at mealtime and only occasionally lets out a small squeak if she hears a bag. I assume it has something to do with losing her noisy companion but I miss hearing her squeaking and I’m wondering if she will ever find her voice again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:16 pm

I can't answer your question but do imagine, like you do, that Ava's passing has something to do with it. It sounds like she is otherwise acting like herself? I don't know if her behavior will change in time. It could also be that in her lifetime she may gain a new vocal companion and change her behavior once again.