A Topic Inspired by Wishes
- Guinea pigs require a clean cage.
- Guinea pigs require appropriate guinea pig food.
- Guinea pigs need clean water daily.
- Guinea pigs must be treated with care.
- It is unfair to both the animal and the child(ren) to expect any child to take full responsibility for the animals' care.
- An adult needs to be responsible for observing the guinea pig daily.
- Guinea Lynx :: The Care Guide
A wonderful, informative, complete guide to caring for guinea pigs.
- Guinea Lynx :: What's Normal? What's Not?
Health and care tips for your guinea pig. Includes many helpful pictures.
- Guinea Lynx :: Weigh Weekly!
Weigh your healthy guinea pig weekly! Often, the first sign of illness is weight loss.
- Guinea Lynx :: Cavy Health Record Book
Easy-to-understand and concise, this book contains a wealth of information about caring for your guinea pigs. Also includes pages for your notes, and a weekly weigh-chart for your guinea pigs. Spiral-bound.
- Guinea Lynx :: Downloadable Health Care Pamphlet
Available in many languages.
- Guinea Lynx :: Printable Pages
Weight and Treatment sheets, Dangerous Medications list, Nutritional Charts and Dietary Guidelines, Ivermectin Treatment pages.
The following threads are just a few examples of situations that happen daily. Some stories have happy endings; others do not. Please observe your pets daily. Learn their habits. If something seems "different" or "off", listen to your instincts, and arrange for a veterinary examination.
- Lion: hernia and neuter repair (What appears to be impaction may not always be)
- Chloe is a hermit pig. She wasn't always this bad.
Chloe's owner discovers that having a "roof" over head helps her to feel more secure.
- Senior guinea pig looking thin...
The owner of a 7-1/2 year old male observes that he has been losing weight, and asks for dietary advice.
- What on earth could this be?
The owner of male guinea pigs posts a picture of something mysterious that she discovered in their cage.
- Is this normal?
A new owner has questions about behavior.
- Crackling noise from my little pig
A young male pig is diagnosed and treated for an upper respiratory infection (URI) after the owner heard him making crackling sounds.