Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Abington
  • Chadwell Animal Hospital
    http://chadwellanimalhospital.com
    Dr. Keith Gold
    3004 Emmorton Road
    Abington, Maryland 21009

Phone: (443) 512-8338

I have been taking my guinea pigs to him for 2 years now and he takes really good care of them. He is knowledgable and handles the pigs very gently. His staff is friendly and very helpful. And all areas of the building that I have seen are nice and clean. I've had all positive experiences with this vet. You are more apt to see ferrets, rabbits and guinea pigs in his waiting room than dogs or cats, although he treats them all.
    Contributed by e-mail: JustDaFacts - 9/30/2006
    Website verified: March 13, 2016
Frederick
  • West Frederick Veterinary Hospital
    www.westfredvet.com
    Dr. Stacey DiMaria
    Dr. Casey
    6902 Bowers Road
    Frederick, MD 21702

Phone: (301)473-4478
    Email: petdoc@westfredvet.com

Dr. DiMaria is absolutely fantastic. She is very cavy savvy and has treated all three of my pigs since I brought them home. She sucessfully neutered Eddie, and put him immediately on antibiotics to prevent any issues, he healed beautifully. She is also helping me through Jane's pregnancy and has been very reassuring. Dr. Casey has not treated my pigs yet but I have had very good feedback about her from other pig owners.
    Contributed by: crazypiggie247 - 4/6/2007, 11:38 am
Gaithersburg
  • Best Friends Veterinary Hospital
    www.bestfriendsvethosp.com
    Dr. Victoria Hollifield
    7600-H Lindburgh Drive
    Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Phone: (301) 977-1881

I cannot give enough praise to Dr. Hollifield and all of her staff, they are all beyond wonderful. She is extremely passionate about all of the animals that she sees and never stops looking for an answer to a complicated case.
    Contributed by: megnach - 8/31/2010, 11:01 am
Severn
  • Telegraph Road Animal Hospital
    www.telegraphroadah.com
    Dr. Inman
    7863 Telegraph Road
    Severn, MD 21144

Phone: (410) 551-3100
    Phone: (410) 551-3101

I wanted to add Dr. Inman of Telegraph Road Animal Hospital in Severn, Maryland. He has treated my 5 guineas since January 2008 and is a wonderful vet.
    Contributed by email: Virginia S. - 7/21/2010
    Website verified: March 3, 2016
Riverdale
  • Lynn Animal Hospital
    http://lynnanimalhospital.com
    Dr. Thomas Carman
    6215 Baltimore Avenue
    Riverdale, MD 20737

Phone: (301) 779-1184

Dr. Carmans' office is approximately a mile south of the University of Maryland. There are 2 or 3 other vets practicing at Lynns', but Dr. Carman is the small animal vet. He gives my pigs regular exams and, in addition, has treated some of them for skin fungal infections. Two of my pigs over the years had tumors and he performed surgery on them, the pigs went on to live good, happy, healthy lives. I also boarded my pigs' at Lynn Animal Hospital when I went on vacation last year. Dr. Carman, the other vets, and the Staff at Lynns' are great, they give the right balance of professional care and cuddles to your pets, whatever type of animal you may have. Dr. Carman is always willing to answer your questions and willing to hear about new treatments, etc., for guinea pigs that you may know about; after all, as he said, guinea pig care isn't really taught in vet school, and there's always new information out there. I've recommended him to other people who have pets (not just piggies).
    Contributed by: Pachacutec - 5/4/2007, 9:00 am

Post Reply 1 post • Page 1 of 1